Monday, February 21, 2011

Checking in with my goals

1.This years garden will be fabulous.

Early stage is looking good. I can't wait to get some containers and for the final frost to be over.
Burpee 72-Cell Greenhouse Kit - Seed Starting



2. I will have chickens.
I still don't have Warren on board with this idea. I have done a lot of research.

3. Learn to compost.
I started about two weeks ago. So far I think I'm doing well.Time will tell.

Exaco Trading ECO-2000 2.4 Gallon Kitchen Compost Waste Collector

4. Read more watch TV less.
This is still a struggle. I am trying out the Kindle on my Android.
Motorola DROID X Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)


5. Run more.
I have to wait for a thumbs up for the doctor about my back.

6. Reduce house hold clutter by 50%.
Not as far as I'd like to be. Little by little bags of out grown clothing and shoes have been leaving. Next is the boxes in the garage. Pics to follow.

7. Take family to the snow.

So I got almost got them all to the snow. Warren and Tanner were home sick.

8. Visit 3 state/national parks with the kids.
Columbia is our first park. We drove past it today. I told them about it and now they are ready. Now to wait on the snow to melt and spring to get here. Oh yeah and pick two more parks.

9. Keep strong with eating and feeding my family healthy.
Started off strong. I slipped this last weekend with Sonny's birthday. Time to start up again. More healthy dinner blogs to follow.

10. Get Sonny to sleep in his own bed.
Ok he is not in his own bed every night but he is dry almost every night. We finally ditched the bottle. (Given to him the first time at  1 1/2 years to attempt to reduce breastfeeding a little while we expected his brother. It back fired. DON'T GIVE BABIES BOTTLES!!!!!!)

1 comment:

BusyWorkingMama said...

Good job on the seedlings! And thanks for stopping by - I've been composting since last April now. I'll shoot you an email :) I'm not shre when to put mine out this year, or rather, when to have my husband put it out!