Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A small job hunt update

Monday I went to my first interview at YMCA East Bay. The job would a an Infant/Toddler teacher in Rodeo working with children from hard backgrounds. Foster Care and the Projects.

I have to tell you for a first interview I took Warren's advice. I let them talk, and ask the questions. Then when I was asked a question I clarified what was asked before answering. There where two women there asking questions and writing like crazy. Luckily Corporation X had prepared me for that. Every meeting with every supervisor includes 2 managers and a union rep writing down everything. However as unnerving as it could have been my answers must have been good. Carla whom conducted most of the interview offered me the job without even checking my background or references. She got over excited I guess and laughed a little and asked me if everything would check out. Yes. In my mind I guessed people might lie to get a job??????????

I couldn't be more pleased with the opportunity to be part of a bigger picture. To help the really small and the grown. I am excited and thankful. Not to mention some perks like getting off early enough to be a major part of my own kids lives, a beautiful drive through the country twice a day, a gym membership with discounts on children's programs, benefits and retirement, time to have a big garden again. What I can't make in money there I can always make when I finally finish my real estate licence. Life is a little brighter.

No comments: