Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do you know someone who is/has been in the Military?

I tweeted with Kari this morning and wanted to say thank you to all that helped.

Kari's final count was 23, which is great! Her unit (100+girls) total was around 350. That's a lot of troops who will get a little extra while they are doing a whole lot.




Those who know or follow probably know I am a believer/do-er of kindness to others and expect nothing in return. Well Kari is one of my recipients  random acts of kindness. She contacted me asking if I would share this with my followers. I of coarse agreed, not only to put it out there for all of you to read but because I think this is a great effort to provide a little comfort to those of us who give to the freedom of our country daily and really don't get much in return at all. The troops.

Just a little blurb from me then on to the details Kari gave me. My mother is 73, her older brother passed away when I was in 5th grade almost 25 years ago. The link here is it was skin cancer related and he was a life time military man. I never got to know him well but my Mom who is the nicest person you ever could meet speaks fondly of him often with a sadness in her eyes. Maybe if he had been given a gift as nice and sun screen and lip balm with added sun screen I may have had more of a chance to know my uncle and he wouldn't be a  memory a sweet old lady talks about.

I hope there are a few who will participate in a selfless act and help Kari send sun screen care packs to our troops.

I'm a Mary Kay Consultant and this month, in honor of Independence Day, Mary Kay has teamed with Soldier's Angels (www.soldiersangels.org) to bring sun care kits to combat troops. The average temperature in Afghanistan between the months of May and November is 102 degrees! We believe that battling sun cancer, sun poisoning, and sun blisters is the last thing these troops should worry about while they're protecting our freedom.



My unit's goal is to sponsor 400 combat troops (one soldier is sponsored for $20). I would love to surprise my director with 100 donations! By any chance would you consider posting about this on your blog? Of course if you feel you would like to donate that would be appreciated as well. I could send you any information you would need and any donations would be tax deductible as Soldier's Angels is a volunteer-led 501(c)(3) nonprofit.

Thanks so much for your time! :)
Kari

Photobucket
Here are some links of products that can be purchased for our troops.

http://www.marykay.com/karimeeker/spabody/suncarecollection/suncarecollection/10010349/default.aspx


http://www.marykay.com/karimeeker/spabody/suncarecollection/suncarecollection/10006948/default.aspx




http://www.marykay.com/karimeeker/spabody/suncarecollection/suncarecollection/10010349/default.aspx


http://www.marykay.com/karimeeker/spabody/suncarecollection/suncarecollection/10006948/default.aspx


To see of print the flyer please click here.


1 comment:

KarilynAley said...

thank you so much for posting!! i'm really proud to be part of a unit that is constantly trying to give back! :)