Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Carrot and Zucchini Bread in the bread machine

This is kind of a funny thing I have discovered a lot of my friends do. They have a habit of buying a single item every time they go grocery shopping. I buy hand sanitizer and my husband buys carrots. We have to many carrots and super germ free hands.

Putting away groceries I decided it was really time to do something about the carrots. I got some good ideas but I decided to juice them.  To my surprise my four year old loves carrot juice. After you juice a carrot your left with carrot pulp. I could be wasteful and compost it or try to make carrot bread in my bread machine. (I don't have an oven.)

So here's my recipe

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour


  • 1 teaspoon baking powder


  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda


  • 3/4 cup white sugar


  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil


  • 2 eggs


  • 5 good sized scoops of carrot pulp. (This about as much as 2 large bananas.)


  • 1 medium sized Zucchini diced in to raisin sized pieces.


  • If you're trying to get more fiber in your diet add a couple tablespoons of Benefiber.

  • Add all the ingredients into your machine. Mix on the dough setting. When done mixing use a rubber spatula and form in to a loaf.

    Cook on Bake setting. Around 50 minutes. When done a toothpick should pull clean from center of the loaf.

    When I asked my husband how he would describe the final product. Warren says. " Surprisingly not bad because I would not want to eat Carrot and Zucchini bread." LOL

    So if anyone makes this and improves the flavor please share with me your recipe. You'd make this Mama really happy.

    No comments: