Sunday, April 3, 2011

Flip Diapers

Not to long ago I joined Twitter. Soon I found my self following and be followed by mom. Mom's with good values. Lots of cloth diapering Moms. I'm not having any more kids. I just got my 4 year old potty trained overnight and expect I have about a year left in diapers with my two year old son. I have no need to buy any more diapers. I have 53 covers, prefolds, inserts and covers. I just got rid of all my little baby sized diapers on craigslist to a new mama looking for to cloth about a year ago. SO why am I getting new diapers? No reason at all. I just did.
I follow Under the Apple Tree on Facebook and Twitter.  She posted a photo of a Walgreen's that's selling bumGenius and Flip. Of coarse my interest peaked. What's Flip? Googling Flip I found it's a new product by bumGenius. A diapering system. It's an One size fits all diaper cover, with your choice of stuffing. Organic prefolds, a super soft insert, or compostable disposable liners. Very cool. I then looked up the pricing. Not a bad price. They have starter kit that has 2 covers and 6 inserts for $55. Not bad, thinking back to when I bought my bumGenius 3.0 3+ years ago at $21 each. 

Now I'm doing one of my crazy Mary things I do and obsess on what does this look like? How do they work? I read in a review on one of the websites that said the inserts  including the disposable work with other cloth diapers. One was a swaddlebees and Marni of Marni's Organized Mess just got one. I wasn't familiar with the diaper so I asked her to take a picture of the open inside of the diaper for me. It didn't look any different than the other pocket diapers I had. I ended driving down to Lafayette to my favorite baby story The Nurture Center because I knew they would have a Flip I could see. They did, I bought one in a warm blue.  They did not carry the disposable inserts. That's were my real curiosity is. They said the read to many bad reviews. I wanted to try it out any how. I also bought a Econobum since it was also available, it was cheap and another product from the same maker of bumGenius. We're trying that one out today. I'll let you know.

Back to my new Twitter community. Earth Crunchy Mama was who I wanted to try. I have communicated with her a couple times and her website says she hand picks the products she sells and I believe her based on my own personal interactions with her. I bought Flip disposable inserts and GroVia  BioSoaker. I would love to use a disposable at daycare and on the go that didn't make me feel like I've leaving to big of a carbon foot print. Oh she delivers quick and is a great value with her shipping and handling. I give her two thumbs up.

We tried the Flip Disposable yesterday with cover. It lasted through nap no leaks. A plus for me since Declan saves releasing his bladder during nap. We then went grocery shopping for 3 hours to get all the things I needed including the car ride. He peed and no leaking. I think I'm in love. I may buy a case soon.

No comments: